Thursday, May 01, 2008

One Nice Thing

For a long time, on and off, I've had dreams about running. In my typical running dream, I feel myself getting tired after just a few blocks (they're all about running in the city, for some reason), and I find myself wondering how long I'll be able to go on before I run out of breath. Then I feel my strides begin to shorten and I know I'm about to have to stop, and then I wake up, often with a gasp. Anxiety, obviously. Usually about nothing. These happen once every month or two.

Last night, for the first time ever, I had a dream in which I ran for miles without even feeling close to needing to stop. It felt fantastic. In the dream, I remember thinking, "I accomplished this for myself. It's because I've finally figured my life out that I can do this all of a sudden."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home