Thursday, March 27, 2008

More Scattered Thoughts

I apologize for not being more coherent, but the combination of trying to catch up on schoolwork I missed because I was sick and my recent frenzy of good-mood-inspired socializing and outgoingness has left me too exhausted to really string words together very well. In case that mess of a sentence didn't prove my point. Res ipsa loquitur.

Today for the first time I tried on a swimsuit and liked the way I looked in it. I never imagined that would happen.

Driving through central Grounds today on the way to Anna's Pizza #5, I noticed how alive Alderman Road always seems. There are always people out walking, running, moving in giant first-year-style herds, laughing, talking. North Grounds is substantially more somber. We work too much. I think law students as a cohort lead ill-balanced lives.

Shopping is really exhausting when you do it for six hours in one day. But it's good exercise. And I am now confident that I own all the clothes and shoes I'll need for the whole summer. And as of this moment, my credit card is going to be in gas-and-groceries-only mode for a good long while.

The reformulated Sudafed (phenylephrine rather than pseudoephedrine) works nearly as well for congestion and doesn't give me shaky hands or chills like the old stuff did. But it still causes insomnia. I realized this at 1:40 a.m. today, after having gone to bed around 11:30. Today I curtailed my Sudafed use at 11 a.m. I feel like I will have no trouble sleeping tonight.

I need to figure out how to get my corporate finance professor (who is visiting this year) hired here permanently. This is a completely selfish desire: I just want to take more classes with him.

Two-thirds of a semester of studying the federal estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes has taught me that said taxes are inconsistent and annoying. I feel roughly the same way about corporate tax. No wonder people are so hostile toward the IRS (although, if you ask me, the problem is that Congress makes the rules but doesn't have to implement them... but what do I know).

The current season of Top Chef is sub-par.

I really need to go to bed early tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger morganx said...

I just sort of re-found this. I hope you feel better soon.

3/28/08, 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home