Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some Small Things

I quit watching CSI and CSI: Miami. I've seen all of them at least twice now, which means that I usually remember them well enough that watching them again isn't that enjoyable. I've moved on to Law and Order and all of its variants. I've seen very few of them, and there are just so many episodes.

Don't tell me that none of these shows is any good. I know that. But they're always on, and they're high-profile enough to get some top-notch guest stars, and playing Hey! It's That Guy! is pretty fun. The other day I saw an episode of SVU guest-starring Stephen Colbert in a completely non-comedic role. The episode that's on right now has Frankie Faison in it, from The Wire.

I've been knitting a lot. It's actually pretty amazing how much I've knitted in the past year. I count ten sweaters just off the top of my head. Eleven. Probably more.

I think my stomach is getting better. But then, I've been thinking it was getting better for almost a year now. I just hope I'm right this time.

I'm surprising myself by loving my corporate finance class. I liked accounting, too. Maybe a JD/MBA program wouldn't have been so bad after all.

I've spent some time over the past few months with my friends from college, and it's just made me want to see them more. Of course, this involves my calling or emailing them, and I've never been good at that. I get so much joy out of other people's company that you'd think I'd be better at pursuing it.

Some of my law school friends are having a couple of potluck dinners in the next week or so, which gives me an excuse to cook. I've really missed it. Much as cooking for one is usually a little challenging, cooking for one who eats very little is even more annoying. James assures me that I can cook all summer long and he'll eat all the leftovers.

I'm really excited to start work this summer. Still about two months before that starts, and I have a lot to do in that time, such as learning corporate tax (it's really hard!), taking five exams, and, well, moving to Pittsburgh. It's neat that, although my schoolwork definitely feels like work, it's not onerous. I guess that's what happens when you study what you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home