Thursday, July 06, 2006

Restless

I just want to hurry up and move already. I love Pittsburgh, so it's not that I'm not happy with where I am, but the stress is really getting to me. I hate working nights: all day long, I'm thinking, "I should do something fun to take advantage of all this free time I have before I have to be at work!" But I can't relax, because I'm worrying about the work I'm going to have to do later. That's how I feel about this impending move.

It's stressful making such a dramatic change in my life after the past several years of holding patterns. I know that many people say that you can treat law school like a full-time job and be successful, and I'm sure that's true, but I don't think it will feel the same for me. Maybe that's because of the kind of full-time jobs I've had: all of them have been customer-service oriented. I'm looking forward to not having to please customers all the time, as well as more obvious things, like learning a ton and acquiring new skills. And outside of school, I'm looking forward to living downtown (which I've wanted to do since I first laid eyes on the Downtown Mall), walking around town, getting involved at a new church, and enjoying the chocolate sorbetto at Splendora's. Here in Pittsburgh, everything I'm enjoying is beginning to be colored by the fact that I'll be leaving soon.

I'm glad that I'll be able to come back here after moving. I often wanted to visit Seattle after moving here, but only managed it once, and then only for a couple of days. James has so much family here that I'm sure we'll be back often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home