Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Care and Feeding

I changed the oil in my car today. Or rather, I had the oil in my car changed today. I'm not going to pretend I was under there in the rain doing it myself. The Pennzoil near my house advertises a 10-minute oil change, and their sign currently reads:

REALLY
HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN


Well, they got me. I need to take care of myself and my things. I have a very bad habit of letting things go way too long without the care they need. James is the same way, which is too bad because it means that we don't spur each other forward as much as we could. We're both trying to break this habit.

I got a job, sort of. I'll be working a couple of days a week at a coffee place nearby. I like their coffee a lot and I know a couple people there, so it should be a good thing. I look forward to bonding with their beautiful La Marzocco espresso machine.

James's dad died last weekend, which is why things have been quiet around here. James, too, has required a bit of extra care and feeding because of it, and I'm doing my best not to neglect him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home