Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Poetry

So far my plan to go to more concerts this year is working out incredibly well. Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby played last night at the Paramount, and it was an experience. I laughed, I danced, and at times I just had to close my eyes to take in all of the incredible sound that surrounded me from all sides. I'm a bit of a bluegrass newbie, but after this show, that's going to change.

I picked up a copy of Writing Metrical Poetry the other day, and I've been reading it in dribs and drabs, with my espresso in the morning. I waffle between free verse and metrical verse, but my experience with rhyme is very limited, and I usually stick to iambs. The whole reason I'm taking this poetry class is to experiment with the slightly uncomfortable. To stretch, if you will.

Which is not to say that I'll be posting villanelles, but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home