Saturday, October 14, 2006

Clear Skies

I have a headache that's keeping me from really thinking straight, but I'm beginning to realize that I'm pretty much always going to have some reason not to blog (my thoughts are too serious, my thoughts are too frivolous, I need to study, apartment is on fire, etc.) and I just have to do it anyway. So I'm going to keep it brief.

Fall break has come and gone, and I'm happy to say that mine was wonderful. I spent a couple of days with my family, and then a few more up in Ocean City with friends from the law school. Both portions of the trip were great in different ways. I always wish I had more time with my parents. My dad and I triumphed over a car stereo that really did not want to be installed, which was our great victory of the visit. And the beach was relaxing. We ate crab, drank beer, and lay out in the sun in two different states (we drove up to Rehoboth for a day and visited the Dogfish Head brewery), and for a few minutes at a time, I forgot I was in law school. I got very little work done, but I successfully hit the stress reset button, and that's really what I was going for.

Now we're back, and fall is setting in in earnest. It's going down almost to freezing tonight, and yesterday morning I went outside to find frost on my windshield for the first time. The leaves are just starting to turn. We've had a series of glorious days, with deep blue, cloudless skies. What a beautiful October this is shaping up to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home